Posted by manager
on May 2nd, 2012 in Politics
| Comments Off
The army and police managed to stop the clashes in Cairo that have already killed 11 people, said the Egyptian public television on Wednesday.
According to this, participants in the clashes that took place near the building of the Egyptian Ministry of Defence, left the scene of the conflict to disperse in the surrounding streets.
Previously, the Western media have reported that a group of youths attacked Wednesday morning the participants in a protest that took place over several days near the building of the Ministry of Defence. The attackers threw stones and Molotov cocktails against the protesters. Doctors said the clashes left 11 dead and dozens injured.
For several days, clashes took place in the neighborhood where is located the Department of Defense, between supporters of the Islamist Hazem Salah Abu Ismail, eliminated from the presidential race, and young men unknown. Tuesday, the protesters were joined by a group of supporters of the football team Al Ahly.
The protesters demanded the transfer as soon as possible of military power in the hands of a civilian government.