* WAL-MART, the world of distribution, has seen sales increase by 1.5% same-store sales during the holiday season in the U.S. and reported earnings above expectations for the fourth quarter.On Monday the retailer also said that about to take a controlling stake in the Chinese group Yiaodian online business, while the first worldwide distributor seeks to diversify its revenue streams as competition intensifies in China.
* On Tuesday Kraft Foods announced a profit rise and meet the expectations of analysts in the fourth quarter, it reflects a growth in turnover and reduced costs.
* UPS, FEDEX – The market seems to expect a raised offer from UPS to acquire the Dutch mail group TNT Express, or a cons-offering rival FedEx.
TNT said it had rejected an unsolicited takeover offer from UPS, estimated at 4.9 billion euros, but said discussions were continuing.
* HOME DEPOT, the world of DIY, published quarterly profit rise on Tuesday, thanks to a mild winter that led customers to anticipate some of its purchases of spring.
The net profit was $ 774 million (50 cents per share) on its fourth quarter ended Jan. 29, against $ 587 million (36 cents) a year earlier.
Revenues rose 5.9% to 16.01 billion.
* APPLE – China Telecom, the third Chinese telecom operators, said it has signed an agreement with Apple to distribute the iPhone in China on Tuesday.
* YAHOO – Alibaba.com, owned 73% by Alibaba Group, which is itself 40% owned by Yahoo, Tuesday reported a 6% drop in net profit in the fourth quarter, the first decline for over two years.
The Chinese online business made a profit of 385.95 million yuan (46.22 million euros), against 410.4 million a year earlier. Analysts had expected 372.5 million yuan, according to Thomson Reuters I / B / E / S.
In addition, Alibaba signed Monday a loan of $ 3 billion (2.26 billion euros), it plans to use to remove the Stock Exchange of Hong Kong subsidiary Alibaba.com, Basis Point reported a publication of Thomson Reuters.
* CIT GROUP. The action of the credit institution, which lost 7% last year, should bounce around 47 dollars for a course at 41.33 dollars at the close of Friday, thanks to its higher benefits, estimated the financial weekly Barron’s.
* After sealing an agreement with a laboratory listed in Shanghai, PFIZER examine partnership opportunities with other Chinese groups while the U.S. giant is trying to increase its sales in China fell to drugs in the public domain.
* CHEVRON – An Ecuadorean court rejected the decision of a board of arbitration under which it was necessary to suspend the sentence of Chevron $ 18 billion for pollution of the Amazon rainforest, and decided to forward the appeal filed by the giant U.S. Supreme Court in Ecuador.
* Monsanto – On Monday the French government has seized the European Commission asking its to suspend the authorization at the European level of cultivation of transgenic maize Monsanto 810.
* URS Corp. will buy Flint Energy Services, a company specializing in services for the oil fields for $ 1.25 billion to increase its presence in the oil and gas sector.
Useful links: Forex trading software